pinterest

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some Really Fine Yarn



Land O Lace is having something of a trial run of yarn. This is the 2/60 and there is a huge part of me that wants to tell you that this swatch I knit a few days ago is horrible and scratchy and has no stitch definition (Yes, I think that the blind are looking at those pictures) and that even dry blocked it looks awful.

Do you believe me? Have I sold you on the idea that I should get all that LoL has and get to keep it for myself?

No?

Oh!

I really hope that they decide to keep this yarn in stock, it is a cashmere, silk, merino blend and has all the best features of each of those yarn in a really small, fine package. 900 yards of this would make a lovely doily, I might have something closer to 4500 yards to make a drop dead gorgeous shawl. (Yep, that is what I was swatching for and the answer is...need smaller needles).

While I wait for the 000 needles to arrive I might put together "A year in the life of this knitter" for tomorrow...or I might just swatch some more.

~M

2 comments:

Amanda said...

There is something rather special about knitting with really fine yarn.

Land O Lace said...

I am so curious - WHAT will you make with this? I know you must have a pattern in mind - do tell - Please!