pinterest

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Week One - nothing done

The first week of the Indie Gift Along is officially over and I have not completed any projects!

Of course my choices of projects probably were the cause of that problem!

The first two that I have cast on are :

A Big Orenburg Style Shawl.
I am a bit further than this, but the "tracker of work" in my knows that I am behind the eight ball on this one.  The body pattern has 462 rows, of which I am on row 55, and then there are an additional 233 edging rows to go along the top.

Svetlana  Loginova has a lot of very nice looking designs.  Not for the faint of heart though, some of them are huge! (Just how I like my shawls!)

I am knitting mine in Knit Picks Gloss Lace in the color Sterling.

Second up is a sleeveless top for myself.
 You can't tell from this photo, but it will grow up to look like this photo, just in cream.

 This is Amira, by Arabian Knits Designs
I am knitting mine in some discontinued yarn that has been lounging in my stash a while!  Jenny Watson Pure Merino, DK. (If pro runners pick merino shirts, having one to wear under a jacket or alone with a pair of jeans...maybe a shawl thrown on top, during Spring and Fall sounds good to me!  Not sure it will work for the heights of summer in Ohio...but I will test that theory next summer!)

Although the first week is over, there are still five more weeks of fun and excitement in the Gift Along.  With nearly 10,000 members it is certainly the biggest event I take part in each year.





What are you working on?

~M

No comments: