pinterest

Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday couldn't come soon enough!

No finished objects to share today....you got that yesterday with the pattern release.  :)

Lots of personal things going on this week though...some good...some "meh"...some frustrating.

On the good side...

I sent a fellow Raveler some yarn to "taste" as she wasn't sure if she would find it scratchy and wanted to try it before she bought it...in return she sent me this gorgeous bookmark!

I love when people give me hand made gifts!  I think that too often people think that because I can make things for myself that I won't appreciate them, but that is not at all true!  As a "maker of things" I know that hours of work went into that gift and that means I appreciate it even more than someone who doesn't understand that.

My shawl in the latest issue of Knotions was on the front page of Hot Right Now on Ravelry...

which is always an ego boost, as is when All Free Knitting Patterns sends out their picks for projects emails and includes Twined Vines.

Both of those things happening this week made me smile!  It is nice to be noticed like that.

In the background while all those things were happening I have been getting things ready for a certain big Knit Along that is coming up....more on that later...the behind the scenes planning is going on, but, as it is the Indie Designers Gift to the knitters, I better not spoil any of the surprise!  (Although it hasn't officially started there is some chatter starting in the group thread.)

Well, that's it from me for today.  I have a shawl that needs to be finished before I can even think of the other things that need to come off my needles in anticipation of the Gift Along...and writing and editing and could I please get some nice weather for a photo shoot or two?

What's your plan for the weekend?  Mine involves about a million nupps!
~M

No comments: