pinterest

Friday, November 17, 2017

Finally A Finished Object I Can Share!

The biggest problem with designing is sometimes you really can't talk at all about what you are working on...or you can give cryptic hints and nothing more!

Today I can talk about a project that I finished a little bit ago, that wasn't even one of my designs, but needed to be held aside until today because tomorrow you can get the pattern free on Knotions!







Autumn Cornucopia is a shawl by Yvonne Becker who designs under the brand name, Handarbeitskram.

Written to use two contrasting fingering weight yarns it includes short rows, garter stitch and lace.
 
The lace is special because it is actually produced from "encoded words" by Gannet Designs 

I knit mine with two colors of Land O Lace Steffi, which sadly is a discontinued yarn!
 
The shawl looks great in the close tones that I picked and in highly contrasting yarns, like the designer picked..

Go check out the issue of Knotions to see more projects you can make...and stay tuned here for more information about what I am going to be working on for the next six weeks, tomorrow!  It is going to be a ton of fun and I really hope you will join me!

~M

No comments: