pinterest

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Squishy!

Summer came back to Ohio today!  After a little bit of a Fall Preview, today was hot, humid and the air conditioning got turned back on. It was a little sad to shut the windows!

But, that little Fall weather preview we got, had me dreaming of warmer knits than I had been working on, so a couple or three projects jumped on my needles and one or two jumped right back off again as they were completed in record time.  We'll talk about them another day though...for today....

A very boring, garter stitch blanket in Knit Picks Brava Sport.


It has grown a little bit since then, but really it is my "waiting in the car" or "watching a movie" knitting.  So it will not be finished quickly, just there in my knitting bag, ready to put in a few rows here and there.

As we all know that plain garter stitch for miles and miles, especially when you are aiming for bed-sized, gets boring very quickly, I had to put something a little more detailed on my needles too.

The yarn is from Ancient Arts, their 100% Superwash BlueFaced Leicester Wool 4 ply fingering in Mineral


I think that the very subtle shifts in color in this yarn really works well with the cables...it adds to them rather than competing with them!

Ancient Arts has a couple of other really cool color collections based on Cats and Dogs!  I might be tempted to get some of those next time I buy from them!

I am still running my This or That Tuesday posts on Instagram...this weeks was:





So which would you pick, if you had to pick one or the other?

~M


No comments: