pinterest

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That

After my whirl wind, busier than I like them, week last week, this week things are going to have to slow down to a more sedate pace!

I did get some knitting done, and some quick updates to patterns started...wanna see what I can show you?

Yeah, I figured you did!




My birthday present to myself, a tank top with a slightly sexy back in merino yarn from Land O Lace.  (It turned into an exercise in grading garments through multiple sizes, and then trying to double check my excel formulas with pen (yes pen!) and paper!.)
I am not 100% sure I trust either of us for the middle sizes and as merino in  summer is not everyone's idea of the perfect tank I might have fallen off the yarn diet long enough to purchase some fingering weight cotton blend to give it another go!

While I wait for that yarn to come in, I finished up a doily and have got myself well on the way to being near the end of a cotton shawl.
That is a new base from Unplanned Peacock, Peacock Pima in fingering weight. The color is called Clematis and I think I have a serious crush on it!

Happy Summer Solstice!

As you can see my thoughts turn to different knits rather than no knits, when the weather is warm and the days are long.  Do you craft all year?  Do you change what you craft on during the long hot days of summer and the cold long nights of winter?

~M



No comments: