pinterest

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful

Today is American Thanksgiving.  I hope, that no matter where you are, that you take a moment to be thankful for all the things we take for granted all year long.


It does seem kind of sad that most people only set aside one day a year to be thankful.  A couple of online groups that I belong to have a regularly scheduled Thankful Thursday - like a WIP Wednesday or FO Friday, and I might have to adopt that strategy, because really I have so much to be thankful for!

Like what?

So much that I couldn't possibly list it all, and I have been thinking about it for days now, what things that I am thankful for that I would share today.  So along with the usual of food, shelter and the ability to take care of myself, here are a few of the highlights.

Knitting designers that challenge my skills!

Test Knitters who knit my designs!

An editor who gave me the confidence to submit not just to her online magazine but to calls for submissions for books and other publications.

Ravelry and everyone on there for giving me inspiration, a selling platform, a place to hang out with "like minded people".

Multiple yarn companies for making sure my bank balance didn't get too high!  LOL

But most of all...I am thankful for these guys!

I am thankful they put up with the requests for modeled shots of knitwear, when the weather is too hot or too cold.  I am thankful that they all have opinions which, while sometimes different than mine,  are well thought out and can be defended during our dinner debates.  I am thankful that each one has a love of making and creating things, be that drawings or jewelry, scarves or socks.  I am thankful that they encourage each other, and me, to follow dreams and when any of us thinks that something we do isn't good enough that they are there to say that they think we are!

And lastly, I am thankful for the people who like my patterns enough to knit them and share their projects so I can see!

Happy Thanksgiving!  What are you thankful for?

~M

No comments: