pinterest

Sunday, December 31, 2017

And That's a Wrap!

As I get ready to greet the new year, with hopeful anticipation that it will be a good one...I have one final project to share with you.
The Indie Gift Along is getting close to the madness that is the New Year's Eve party and the "locking" of the threads, because as 2017 ends and 2018 begins the knit along comes to a close.

I don't think I have it in me to finish one more project, and although that means that I only have 2 Finished Objects in the Finished Object threads one of them was a doozy!

Presenting my version of Phoenix by Svetlana Loginova.  (If you like shawls you really should check out her pattern store, she has some epic ones!)

I used Knit Picks Gloss Lace in the colorway Sterling.  The entire piece took just under 5 skeins or 2221 yards of yarn!  (This would be why I couldn't Opadoo this year!)

Size US 2 (2.75mm) needles and thin yarn, you would think would result in a small shawl...but you'd be very wrong!

63 inches square (140 cm) means this shawl is wider and deeper than my usual model is tall!

And as we woke  up to a Winter Wonderland and it is snowing yet again, the model balked at getting modeled shots out in the snow...so instead I draped it as "artfully" as I could, allowed the knitting inspector to give it his "seal of approval" and made a quick collage for my finished object post!
The pattern itself is very straight forward, with charts spread over 12 pages so you can read them easily.  The only "fiddly" part at all is the "pea stitch" which covers a right and a wrong side row, but after a few (hundred) of them, they become as intuitive as the rest of the pattern. (For quite a lot of it I didn't needed to really follow the chart, just glance at it every now and then!)

One of my traditions is to start the new year the way I intend the year to continue...so today we will be cleaning up and setting things in place to start Monday the way we intend to go on!  Happy, together as a family and warm and cozy in our little house!

I wish you the very best of things in the upcoming year!

~M




No comments: