pinterest

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Sweaters and Shawls and Socks, Oh My!

Although 2017 isn't quite over, there are a few days left, I thought today would be a good one to look back at what I managed to accomplish this year, at least knitting and design wise.

As usual, there was knitting completed that can't be shared yet, but there is quite a bit that can!

January saw the publication of The White Queen's Shawl, with Knotions.  It, currently, holds the position of my most popular pattern on Ravelry.

February had me publishing Overgrowth, a quick moebius cowl knit in a fingering weight yarn. 

March was a "two-fer" month with socks and a smaller shawl/scarf..Disco Tuned and Living on Floyd Time.

April I was back in Knotions with Fine Tuned Socks.

May was an exciting month for me, with three patterns released and one was in a book!  Mock Turtle Socks was published in Artful Arches which is available as a Ravelry download, a Knit Picks download and the physical book through the Knit Picks website.  It also saw the release of my Second Saturday Shawl in partnership with Skein Shop and the Linen Swatch Cloth, available for free on Skein Shops blog or as a paid pdf on Ravelry.

June and July each saw a sock pattern, part of the "Tuned" series, with Knot Tuned Symphony and Knot Tuned the Ballet.

Back to Knotions I went in August with Twined Vines.  I had so much fun designing this one that I did it twice, once in a fingering weight and once in a lace weight yarn.


September saw my first "footie" socks, with flirty little cuffs!  Ain't She Sweet works well in both self striping and plainer yarns.


And back to Knotions again in October with Agalina....because who wouldn't want to knit a glacier?

November was all about my Indecisive Heart.  I loved the cotton yarn I used for it, which I got from Unplanned Peacock during the summer when they were at the Mid Ohio Fiber Festival.  Such a pretty combination of colors and a wonderfully soft yarn to knit with.

December and my gift to you was another free pattern on Knotions....Hike to Marion Falls.  This truly is the easiest of lace patterned shawls!  A single increase, a single decrease and all the shaping is done outside of the patterning.

Other things were knit that weren't my own patterns during the year...a Quill Sweater
a Whispering Softly Cowl,  You Shall Pass socks , Autumn Cornucopia Shawl,  Ostrich Plum Baby Bonnet, Acropolis Hat,
Pocket Full of Dice bag, Attack of the Killer Rabbits Cowl, Sylph Shawl, Balderdash Hats, (I made two!) Be Strong and Carry On socks, another pair of Run You Clever Boy socks (this time in worsted weight!)...

Other things that will be my patterns or were just knit off the top of my head...two Colourmart contest piece shawls...one to be Days of Wine and Roses the other to be Lasciel. and a couple more pairs of no-real-pattern socks.

Currently on my needles I have an Orenberg Shawl, and a tank top, that I hope to finish in the next day or two and a long term endless garter stitch blanket which I will carry around with me for at least a few more months, adding a row here and there.

Not a bad amount of knitting, writing, photographing, editing, testing and publishing for a year!


No comments: