pinterest

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Still Not Into the Routine

The New Year is ten days old and I am still not back into my routines! (That's what happens when you take a vacation from just about everything for a while!)

The first new project of the year was cast on and cast off in rapid succession...I must work on getting some nicer pictures of the fingerless mitts I made using leftovers from the Christmas socks I knit for the kids.  Originally my plan had been to make some Franken Socks for myself (just use up those odds and ends) but then some bitterly cold weather and TDQ saying about how cold her hands were even with thin gloves, fingerless mitts and mittens on top when at work had me change the plan.

There are a couple of shawls on my needles, but nothing really worth talking about here...and my poor Amira is still sitting on the corner of my desk, whispering softly "Is it my turn yet?"....
But instead of dwelling on those things, I got the best surprise in the mail today.....
Yarn!  Lots of yarn, from a friend as a Belated Happy New Year present.



Nearly 12,000 yards of yarn.

I wonder what it will all grow up to be?

~M

Why yes, I do have the best friends in the universe!

No comments: