pinterest

Friday, March 24, 2017

Windy

Who’s peekin’ out from under a stairway
Calling a name that’s lighter than air
Who’s bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it’s Windy
Who’s tripping down the streets of the city
Smilin’ at everybody she sees
Who’s reachin’ out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it’s Windy
(Excerpt taken from Windy by The Association)

So starts the pattern that I test knit just a couple of weeks ago!

The yarn I picked is a "lighter than air" cashmere, slightly thick, slightly thin...hinted out with its name of Handspun (although it is a commercially available yarn!).

It isn't often that you get to test knit for your tech editor, which I, being me, of course found ever so amusing.  :)

Presenting :

Whispering Softly by Nancy Bellamy of LivetoKnit.

I knit it exactly as the pattern is written, apart from subbing the Jade Sapphire Handspun Monogolian Cashmere for the Madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted.

It is so soft, and cozy, the perfect little thing to wear around your neck when it is just slightly chilly and windy!  (So TDQ, of course stole it!)

It is also a very quick and intuitive knit, the perfect thing to whip up super quickly when you have forgotten that it is someones birthday tomorrow!

Whispering Softly and many other fabulous patterns are "officially" available tomorrow, but...I happen to know that they are live right now, so go check them out and tell me which one you like best this time around!

Coming next week, more peaks at the sock I teased you with the toes of on Wednesday.  Sign up for the newsletter to get a discount code when the pattern is officially published.  (Word to the wise, that is the only place you will be able to get a sale code for the pattern and the newsletter will go out on Thursday right after I hit the publish button!)


Another sneak peak for you, just cuz!

Have a great weekend!

~M

No comments: