pinterest

Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring!

As I am sure you are aware, today marked the beginning of Spring.  At 6:29 am local time for me, the Spring Equinox officially arrived and with it the beginning of the Colourmart Lovers Group Spring Craftalong/Contest.  I have participated for several years now, both in the spring and the fall.

I actually started prepping for this years contest a couple of weeks ago when I had a little down time, waiting for some other things to happen, and got my design idea swatched, washed, blocked and charted.  A 25% off your entire purchase coupon got me some (already on sale) beads from the local big box craft store, in two sizes but the same colors, the needles were set and all I had to do this morning was set up my project page, entry post and cast on.





So let's talk about the yarn.  I am using a 2/15NM Alpaca/Wool Blend (obviously from ColourMart, it is their groups contest) in the exciting color of "white", which to my eye is more cream on top of fresh milk than bleached white.  They still (as of this writing) have some on the site and I am sorely tempted to buy more myself right now.  Even straight off the cone it is nice to knit with, but once it is washed....oh how soft and drapey!

Having already charted, morphed stitches around and charted some more, all I have to do now if knit until it is done.  Well, all I should have to do is knit until it is done....those pretty small beads are about 50% pretty blue chunks of glass that neither a crochet hook, yarn nor pin can go through. 



 Rather than "lined" with color they are "filled" with color, which is frustrating me no end.  I might have to "morph" away from the tiny beads a little sooner than I thought!

More on Wednesday, when I will know how quickly I give up on listening to Minnie Mouse laughing in my ear..."I told you this would be fun!"...

~M


No comments: