pinterest

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Almost a Shawl

Those of you who use Instagram have seen various teaser pictures of a linen shawl that I am knitting.  And, I am happy to say, it is almost a shawl now!

Almost, as in, once I finish this one there is a second sample to make, tech editing to do of the written pattern, photo's to take and edit, testing to be done...but I think...I think I like it!

Let me tell you I wasn't sure to start with.

I have worked with a linen blend exactly once in my knitting career, which spans decades!  To take the leap to work in 100% linen was a bit of a challenge and a bit of a learning curve, and you will get the whole story when the time is right.

For now, just know that I think this will be the perfect summer time shawl, and knit!  Linen is nice and cool on the hands when the weather is warm, no worries of it felting as you knit it!  It does take a leap of faith though to not only put the finished piece in the washing machine but to tell other knitters to do so.

When we get closer to release date I will tell you the whole story, and go through how I swatched and washed, and washed again...for now....

This weeks work in progress :

A Shawl.  She still needs an official name, but for once I have a couple of ideas!

What's on your needles?

~M


No comments: