pinterest

Sunday, February 22, 2009

How I spent my weekend.....by Mary




Each time I knit one I forget that the last section of a Pi style shawl is a TON bigger than the section before it. I never really notice how doubling your stitches and rows adds up until we are into the several hundreds of stitches. But she is finished now!

Mystic Star by Anna Dalvi of KnitandKnag I am calling it a "between the elements" shawl. :)

Yarntopia Treasures Tencel Laceweight in Sapphires

Size 1 US needles.

I will get back to you with the finished sizing on this, having blocked her our once I can see that we have some more stretch in there and she will be blocked again to get every last inch of spread I can.

I know that mine will not be as large as Anna's shawl. I knit mine on needles that were about three sizes smaller than called for in the pattern. I prefer the denser fabric between the "holes" that create the lace patterns.

The dollar may be low but the Great British Pound is lower - great time to check out what Richard has on display at Colourmart! I got some DK wool/silk blend, some silk and some merino lace weight....and some sock yarn (not from colourmart)just to keep the stash healthy. :)

~M

2 comments:

GoldenTracks said...

Your Mystic Star is lovely. I, like you, prefer the denser fabric, so will be using smaller needles when I cast on (Soon, I hope). I will be curious to see what your final measurements are.
Great job

Amanda said...

The shawl looks terrific. And I know what you mean about the doubling stitches the rows seem to go on forever. Love the look of that healthy stash!