pinterest

Friday, February 2, 2018

A Little Bit of Colorwork and a Lot of Fun

One of the things about being a knitter....it seems like I am always working on things for a season that isn't here yet.  For instance...
Late last summer I was madly knitting away on replacement hats and mittens, neck warmers and warm socks, while last week I was working on sporty little summer things.
Knitting "out of season" means that the things I want to wear or share with my family to wear, are ready when the time is right, but...that does make photo shoots a little interesting.

The day that TDQ and I were both available to do photo shoots for both my Agalina Shawl and these fingerless mitts, was hot!  Trying our best to project an image of Fall/Early Spring and even winter in August was hard!  So we brought out some props and hoped for the best.
And then before I knew it, holiday knitting season was well upon me and the mitts got pushed to the side until that was done!

 


So, how's about a closer look?
Knit with two (or more) colors of fingering weight yarn (I used Knit Picks Stroll and Felici) with a corrugated rib and easy colorwork, these mitts are the perfect introduction to working with more than one color at a time. 

The three sizes are made simply by changing your needle size and gauge. (So no trying to decide which number applies to your size when reading the pattern!.)

By reversing which is the main color and which is the contrast color, it is possible to get a pair of  longer gauntlet style mitts and the shorter pair from just the two balls of yarn.  (Knit one pair for you and another for a friend...or if you are prone to the "missing mitt" issue that sometimes plagues my kids, knit them all the same and keep them for yourself!.)

The pattern is available now, in my Ravelry Store!

I hope you like them as my as TDQ and I do!

~M








No comments: