pinterest

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Interested in Testing for Mary E. Rose Designs?

I have talked about my process for writing and sample knitting patterns before, but today I want to talk a little bit about the testing process that my patterns go through before I hit publish!

All of my tests are currently being run through this group on Ravelry.  This is where you can find threads that tell you all about the item, the materials you will need, my anticipated deadline, if the item is "super secret" or if you can share picture of your WIP on social media.

Unlike some of the official testing groups I don't require that you check in with me once a week, but do request that if you have questions, concerns, something doesn't look right or real life gets in the way that you let me know!

When you sign up for a test, I will, typically look at your project pages on Ravelry.  Why?  Well, to see if you actually finish and link projects to pattern pages. (Half the reason for running a test is so that other knitters can see the item in other yarn choices...I couldn't possibly knit everything in several different yarns or colors!)

Once you are accepted as a test knitter you will get an email with the test file and away we go!

Currently I have tests open for :

A Heavily Nupped Shawl

A Tank Top

You can also sign up to be notified via Ravelry earburn of upcoming tests in this thread.

What's in it for you, as a tester?  Well...once the test is complete, if it is a self published pattern I will send the finished pattern to you as  a gift for your library and you get to pick another one of my self published patterns for free!  You also get to see some of the behind the scenes work that goes into getting a pattern ready for publication, and the small thrill of being one of the first to see a new design!

I hope to see you in my test threads!

~M

No comments: