pinterest

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Not Quite The Finished Object I Was Hoping For!

Wine Tasting was fun last night, thanks for asking!  I did pick up one bottle while there, aren't you proud of my restraint? 

So, Finished Object Friday on Saturday...

If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen that I am playing with a pretty pale pink yarn this week.  It is officially called Dogwood Heather, and while I am not really a "pink" person, at least not for pastels, it is ever so sweet and pretty.

It's sock yarn, which although doesn't mean it has to grow up to be socks, this one will.

Maybe.

I had charted what I thought was a sweet delicate little pattern for the leg and foot.  I like ribbing at the top of my socks so that is where I started, but, when I got to my chart, the ribbing didn't quite line up with the pattern the way I wanted. (Maybe because I can't count!)

So, off the needles she came and I turned her back into a ball of yarn and started again.

Second time through, got most of the way down the leg and saw just one little change that would make the pattern stitches just a little bit sweeter and prettier....but....it would require that one little change being made way back on round 1.

Off the needles she came and I turned her back into a ball of yarn and started again.

Third time through.....Cast on, check.  Ribbing, check....leg...uh, nope started with the wrong chart.

Off the needles she came and I turned her back into a ball of yarn and started again.

Maybe this time would be the charm?

Cast on, check, ribbing, check, leg, check, heel flap, check, turn the heel, check, foot pattern......













This time I only ripped out 12 rounds.

I think I might be finished frogging this one and might actually get a sock before the night is through!

Why the last change if the pattern had been working fine through the leg and most of the foot?

I try to have my stitch patterns reach some kind of conclusion before the toe.  Sometimes the regular row repeats will do it, but other times you need to add a little something, or decrease a little something out to give it an end.  This pattern needed an ending. 

Without it, the toe looked like someone had stopped writing in the middle of.......

~M








TOB made a little purple rabbit that just stopped in to say Hi.

No comments: