pinterest

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Finally A WIP Wednesday on a Wednesday!

Although I have certainly lost my "Needles on Fire" title in the current knit along, I am making some slow progress on my cobweb weight Annapurna.  If you are considering knitting it, don't be put off by how long it is taking me to knit this piece, the first time through it went much more quickly and it is just lack of actually spending time on it that has it going this slowly this time around.
 Annapurna is a great introduction to double yarn overs in lace, but I will let you in on a little secret, I don't actually work them as double yarn overs.  On the return row I do knit and purl into the yarn over that I made on the patterning row, but, as I am a "relaxed"* knitter, I have more than enough give in that yarn to do that and still block well without the added yarn from going around the needle twice.  As with every shortcut there is a down side, which in Annapurna is not a big deal because there are very few rows with double yarn overs and single yarn overs that don't have landmarks, you have to keep track of where you are on the return row to know if you are working that yarn over once, or twice.  As I have said before, there are no Knitting Police, and which ever way you work those double yarn overs, so long as it works for you, it works!

After a very mellow winter, the thoughts of spring approaching obviously gave Mother Nature some bad ideas.  Freezing rain, snow and general ickiness around these parts this week. 
 
It sure does look pretty, but....
 
I am always more ready for spring that winter!

~M

* I used to be relaxed and quick, just don't ever call me loose, fast and easy!

No comments: