pinterest

Sunday, February 2, 2014

One through Ten

This past week it was warmer in Alaska than it was in Central Ohio! 

Yet again I find myself wondering what possessed me to think that moving to somewhere with actual seasons, rather than just warm rain (April through October) and cold rain (November through March).  This year even the kids, who in the past have said no to looking to move somewhere more temperate, are coming around to my way of thinking....but it is hard to drag them around when in high school, so maybe I should just tough it out for a few more winters! Not to mention the fact that I have a job here, and selling the house would be easier said than done.

None of my dreaming of someplace less cold was helped by people keep telling me, today, that a certain groundhog says we are in for six more weeks of winter!

I think that what I need is to win the lottery (which won't happen, I don't play!) and a nice warm blanket. (Which will happen, but I am not knitting fast enough!)

Presenting squares One through Ten of the Fractal Blanket from the Infinity KAL Group.

I am using Knit Picks Chroma in  Fossil.  The Chroma itself  is a single ply wool yarn with some variations in the spinning that give it a hand spun look. 
 
I am making no attempt to have the squares match at all, although some almost matching is happening naturally.  I have been blocking the squares as I go so that when I am good and tired of knitting them I will be ready for the next step.

I really think that this pattern would make a great baby blanket, it is sheer will power (or maybe lack of hours in the day) that has stopped me from digging through my baby yarn collection and casting on for one.

But as it is still chilly here, I will leave you to your knitting now...I have a few more squares to knit before I have a blanket!

~M








No comments: