pinterest

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sock Starts on Sunday


Clue 1 of the March Mystery Socks from Sock Knitters Anonymous. I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE the yarn which is from Land O Lace. The second clue comes out tomorrow, so I am ready just in time. This pattern has a lot of twisted stitches and cables along with lace elements, all my favorite things in one small package!

As promised yesterday :

Snow Queen Stats!
Colourmart 2/28 Extra fine Merino in cream. I had a full cone and still have quite a bit left, enough for a smaller shawl. :)
Sizes 1 to 4 (US) needles, I changed sizes whenever I felt like it to get the extra change in, as written there would be three size changes from start to finish and I put in four.
Techniques : nupps, nupps and more nupps, adding beads "on the fly", multiple double decreases (left leaning, right leaning and centered vertical) and that fiddly center start.
My shawl blocked out to just on 62 inches across, and is, in my opinion, the prettiest thing I have ever knit!

If she follows her usual trend, Andrea will have the pattern for sale, if you didn't get into the knit along group, shortly but in the meantime check out her post about Ingrid.

As things are starting to thaw out here in Ohio I am off to make a career of mopping up muddy dog footprints from the floor!

~M

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful. I want to knit that too but I have no solid coloured yarn - time for a bit of stash enhancing.

Cotton Yarn Manufacturer said...

Yeah Its really very nice and informative post. thanks for sharing this great idea.