pinterest

Sunday, March 14, 2010

CatchUp Sunday



I just realized that I never posted the "together" picture of my Silver Gauntlets, so here they are. Now these mitts should be across the country on the hands of a 12 year old. The Drama Queen was a little upset about that turn of events, but has been mollified with the thoughts of some different ones for her very own hands.

Stats: Burnished Gold Gauntlets from Bad Cat Designs, you can buy the pattern at Ravelry or just click on the left hand side of the blog and buy directly from her website
Jade Sapphire Silk Cashmere in Sterling less than one skein. If you knit Netsuke Wrap
you will have enough left of the second skein to knit these.
Addi Lace Needles size 0
Craft Store glass beads
Techniques : Knitting in the round, cables, lace and beading


I also finished Clue 2 on my March Mystery Socks. It is amazing the different row gauges that are out there, the designer ended up with a 7 inch tall leg, mine is closer to 8.5 inches and I have seen everything from 6 inches on up on the group pages at Ravelry!

I am still working on Veil of Isis as Baby Blanket II. I have only been working on this during (rare) lunch breaks and (many) conference calls at work so it is going more slowly than you would expect. I have just completed the third corner pattern. I might have to swap it out and bring something else to work as I need to have this finished in less than three weeks.

~M

2 comments:

rosalia said...

Lovely and elegant gaunlets! socks are a good promise.

Amanda said...

Love those socks. I so want to knit a pair but just lack the time. I'm still very involved with my Snow Queen.