pinterest

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Excuse the blurry picture


Snow Queen from BadCat Designs has started and here are the first three charts in merino 2/28 from ColourMart. I don't know what is up with me taking blurry pictures today, usually my camera does a fantastic job of auto focus, but today I couldn't seem to work it at all! It is that Alzheimers setting in I am sure.

Run back to Andrea's blog and read her post on working nupps in the round. There is a definite learning curve and I worked through it on my for real, actual shawl...probably not the best idea but these first few charts only have 6 nupps total which was just about enough to get the idea without casting on a doily to practice on.

I feel bad that this is the only knitting I have to show you, not the only knitting I have done lately mind, just the only public variety!

I am going to dig through my stash in search of the perfect yarn for this which might well be my Ravelympics knitting. Unless you have a better idea?

~M

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've started my Snow Queen too and did nupps for the first time. I hope to improve as we go along. My yarn is so fine though that I fear I might end up with a doily! Like the vest - good project for the Ravelympics. I think I might stick to socks.