pinterest

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Me Either !




Remember I said about the Holiday Mystery Gift group on Yahoo ? Well, this week in addition to the free Wednesday and Saturday full patterns there is a mystery knit. Each day for seven days a clue is given, and thus far the clues have been VERY manageable even with all the other stuff I have going on at the moment. As the mystery calls for 300 yards of yarn I am sure that during one of the remaining four days I am going to get knitters shock (similar to sticker shock but involving the number of stitches/rows instead of price) and fall behind ! Thus far I have no idea what I am knitting, but maybe tomorrow's hint will help.

Speaking of falling behind, Anna Dalvi of KnitandKnag has posted the first of the four clues for Mystic Earth. Yet again she is teaching me new techniques. This time around the first edging is knit before the rest of the piece and then continues in Orenburg style with the borders knit at the same time as the body of the work. So far there is minimal back side patterning, which is good as I like the quiet return rows. Now as to the falling behind, there are 119 body rows in the clue that was released yesterday - I am on row 10. :(

I am getting it all in, however....I might have overextended myself just a little.

~m

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Even after clue 4 I still don't know what it is. Maybe a basket or a slipper?