pinterest

Monday, September 29, 2008

Just because you asked....

The hat that is shown both on Dear Daughters head and after a proper blocking was one of the Holiday Mystery Patterns from this Yahoo Group.

So far the patterns have consisted of the Gansey Gale hat, some knitted and crocheted cupcakes, socks (not the ones in my pictures )and a brand new mystery with seven clues that started today. It is a really fun group and I highly recommend that you join in the fun ! No obligations to knit or crochet everything, just pick what you want to play with and run with it.

The kids' Christmas sweaters are all loosely based on designs in Elsebeth Lavold's Designer Knits. Her viking cables are truly fabulous - cables to and from nowhere - so I stole them and added them to sweaters of my own shaping design. The Drama Queen's Pseudo Tank has a rolled hem and neckline and follows the shaping of a top that I had in my closet.

Unfortunately the book is out of print, but can still be found on ebay and the like. I use it more as a reference for funky cable designs than as a pattern book, but I suggest you grab it if you see it.

~m

No comments: