pinterest

Monday, September 1, 2008

The Christmas Sweaters




Let me clarify - when I say Christmas Sweaters I mean the knitted goods that the children find under the tree from me each year - not what they wear for our Christmas photo...thank goodness because I am not sure that I could keep the Drama Queen and Dear Son Number One far enough away from each other not to make my eyes bleed !

I have made more headway on the vest for the Drama Queen. Almost to the back shoulder and now she really needs to make up her mind if she wants it open at the front or as a pullover. The girl is fickle, she started out wanting a cardigan !

As you can see the cable design is related in both of these, and will be showing up again in Dear Son Number Two's sweater. One the Drama Queen makes up her mind I will get to pick what to make for him - I am not a big fan of button holes so I would prefer to only make one at a time with button bands on.

The cable design is lifted, I mean borrowed, I mean taken from Elsebeth Lavold's Designer's Choice book one, The Viking Knits Collection.

Now to continue knitting miles and miles of edging...In the case of a Bad Cat Designs Summer Sampler we are short rowing the corners. :)

~M

No comments: