pinterest

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday's musings



Well I didn't get kicked off my knit along....three people ended up posting that they agreed with me that knit alongs were not a competative sport LOL but sometimes even I treat them as such. Clue 2 in the originally chosen yarn is complete, the yarn is growing on me as the pattern gets bigger, but we'll see which one I like best when they are both done. :)

The gray tweed silk/wool/cotton yarn is knitting up very comfy....but it is heavy ! So that I don't pull the stitches I have to rest the bulk of the shawl on my desk while I knit....which would be fine but it puts an extra torque on my hands...which would be fine but....

We have this tree out front, can't remember it's name right this second, it will come to me later. Beautiful red berries on it all winter long and the favorite hangout for the American Robins.....it also comes with fairly thin yet deadly 3 inch thorns and it is trying it's best to send up lots of little trees all through my flower bed.

You don't want to know how I know that it is possible to jab one of those thorns right the way through between the bones in your hand.

~M

No comments: