pinterest

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That





The "this" is Christine's Rose Garden baby blanket in Bernat Baby and using size 3 needles. Ages ago I joined the knit along for this, but I needed to locate at least one more ball of the yarn before I started. I did, and I have. This is clue 1, and as I started late if I want to I can knit it straight as all the clues are published. :) Macky approves, but says he would change just a couple of stitches.

The "that" is the first clue to Mystery Lace. This is the first knit along hosted by this particular designer and she hasn't quite found her feet yet. The swatch was published with errors in it, and then the first two attempts at uploading the chart for the first clue were unknittable as written. She fixed that either late yesterday or early today so I went ahead and gave it one more try. I knit a little differently from the designer, so I think that some of my decreases are actually leaning the wrong way, but we will see in the next clue (when the beading starts too !) how much of an impact that will have.

~M

No comments: