pinterest

Friday, September 1, 2017

More Love for Twined Vines!

I have to admit that my morning had a bit of a rocky start, but the day improved immensely around lunch time...first the good!


Twined Vines is one of the patterns featured on Knitting Patterns Galore and they tweeted about it! (Although I have to say...I think the pattern is easier than it looks, most of it is just knit, yarn over and central double decreases...there is one fancy stitch but there is a tutorial for that too!)

Seeing that people actually like the things I create really does a lot for my self esteem!  Thank you to everyone who gave the pattern little hearts on Ravelry, or visited its page in Knotions!

But now for the rocky start to the day....


One of the knitters who is working on my Twined Vines Shawl found a mistake in a chart...actually it was worse than that...I had given the editor of the online magazine the completely wrong chart. 

Luckily the knitter is taking part in the Knit Along that Knotions is holding in their group for anyone knitting any of the August issues patterns and asked for help and I check Ravelry every morning while I drink my coffee.  Before I had finished that cuppa, a new chart was sent to the editor, who uploaded it immediately and the knitter doesn't even have to tink back or frog any stitches because the first row was the same on both charts!  (Pheww, so glad the editor is up early in the morning...all this happened before 7 am her time!)

But this does bring up a point....what should you do if you ever find an error in my patterns?  I can tell you what I would like you to do....

Tell me about it!  You can contact me through the email address that is in each of my self published patterns, through Ravelry, even through the publication itself in cases like Knotions.  While I cannot guarantee a two hour turn around every time (that is how long it took from when the knitter posted this morning to my getting up, seeing it and correcting it) rest assured I will respond to you!

~M

No comments: