pinterest

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wool Gathering!

Every year, the highlight of my September is getting to go to Wool Gathering.
This year was no exception and Saturday morning the kids and I rushed through our usual Saturday chores and took a drive to Yellow Springs.  This year we met up with one of my friends (who had a rare outing without her children) and of course the first thing we saw was something that her kids would have been entranced by!

Now if you have been reading this blog for a while, and I know many of you have - or at least the monthly recaps in the newsletter, then you will know that the pack mules (my children) always tag along and get paid to carry my purchases with hand dipped ice cream at the dairy and that no trip would be complete without deep fried cheese curds and extra cheese to come home with us.

I always have fun getting to chit chat with some of the indie dyers who have been so generous with their yarn support...like Natasha and her husband from Unplanned Peacock Studios.

This time around I bought two skeins of yarn from her...both were TDQ picks, and as I remembered to text Natasha before she packed up to come to the event, I was even able to finally get some Goth Chick for a hat!  (That was one of two planned purchases while we were there.)

We visited with Earth in Arts, and each got a bar of our favorite soaps. (Mine is Earth Spice, but as usual we joked that the Poison Ivy Soap actually has poison ivy in it, you have to buy the Poison Ivy Cure Soap to get rid of that itch and how that is such an interesting marketing ploy....everyone knew we were joking!)

We saw the sheep sheering, like we do every year and while the process of sheering a sheep hasn't changed, it is always fun to watch just how sedate those creatures are during the sheering. (Not at all like the alpaca's we were dealing with last spring!)

We did, however, miss each show of the dog herding ducks around an obstacle course.

I found some new to me indie dyers this trip, Brenda and Heather Yarns, where I might have purchases a Shawl Ball in Lilac Shades with Gray.

Then there was this yarn...





It made a fitting final purchase!

Stay tuned next week for a new pattern release, if you haven't yet, sign up for the newsletter,  over there on the right, to get a generous discount when the pattern is published!

~M

No comments: