pinterest

Sunday, April 4, 2010

More of the spiders



My very first pair of toe up socks are done! And although I did modify the pattern a little bit, and they do have one not quite right, not sure what I did wrong, but no-one can see when they are on, heel, overall I am pretty pleased with them!
The Gardener by Leslie Comstock
Araucania Ranco Solid in greens, and not quite as solid as the name would imply!
Size 1 (US) needles, worked in the "leap frog manner" as described in a prior post.
Mods : Changed the lace bind off for a standard 1 by 1 twisted ribbing until I was tired of it!
Techniques used: A magic cast on and A surprising bind off.

I have one other thing that I can tell you, while I knit away on things I am not able to share just yet...my knitting is in a new book! Comfort Knitting and Crochet has a pattern that I sample knit the squares for..thank goodness I didn't have to attach them to each other as crochet is not one of my favorite things! Check out the book and look at the pattern Petal. :)

~M

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the socks! Oh and those squares are beautiful.

Annie said...

Beautiful spidery socks!