pinterest

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Two and Three





Ok, so it is cheating really to say that the socks are a 2009FO when they were started in 2008. I actually get a lunch break at my job now (something I hadn't had for 5 years) and I use it to knit a few rounds on socks each day. They were finished today, which technically makes them the 3rd finished object on the 3rd day of the year - bet I can't keep that up!! :) The yarn for these was CHEAP - Patons Kroy Socks in Denim Jacquard on size 1 US needles...just your everyday Plain Jane 64 stitch socks...the yarn does all the work. They are fraternal socks, I suppose I can't really complain about the nasty join in the yarn, but in future I will wind it before I knit it instead of working from the ball so I know ahead of time where the joins are in each ball.

The bookmark was to use up some scraps from Mystic Ice, I will be using the same yarn for Mystic Star.

Catch ya later, I still have Christmas things to take down. :(

~M

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Of course the socks count as an FO for 2008 - what a great way to start the year. And I love the bookmark.