pinterest

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Swatching






Wet pic and dry pic. :)

The yarn is Tencel Lace weight by Yarntopia Treasures in a colorway called Sapphires. How could I resist something in shades of my all time favorite gem ?

Knit and Knag, or Anna, comes up with some of the coolest designs....the first time I put cables with lace it was because of her, and as you can see from the patterned border of the "For Christmas Vest" I liked the idea!

I can't decide if I like the needle size I used (a US 2) and might attempt another swatch dropping down a size and see if I like that better. Good thing for me that I am short and skinny, I came in just under Anna's measurements for the swatch and dropping a needle size will increase the difference.

Come on, you know you want to join me, click on Knit and Knag and jump on in. the water is fine.

~M
ignore the photo names, I had Mystic Earth on the brain. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Beautiful. And yes, I'm going to go over and have a look - how can I resist?