pinterest

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance

Growing up in various parts of the world, today is not "Veteran's Day" to me, but Remembrance Day. In The States, as far as I can tell, it is a day marked only by parades and a bank holiday. No two minutes of silence to reflect on those that have laid down their lives in order to defend the freedom of people they have never met. Hardly a poppy to be seen...

And mail delivery? Now, either my mail delivery came REALLY late yesterday or Veteran's Day has become a sham of a federal holiday, because in my mailbox this afternoon was the yarn that I have been waiting for. (You know it is a so-so holiday here when school is in session, and dear daughter checks the mail on her way in from the bus...or the yarn would still be cooling in the box.)




So I give you Autumn in New York Take Two, this time in Tree House Yarns Melody. Under artificial light I was a little concerned that the muted tones I was looking for were muddy instead of muted...the picture says it is the lighting as the flash brings out the tones I was looking for. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the colors look better to me in day light. :)

The loud-purple socks are done, waiting to be wrapped. The teal lace and cable vest is waiting for a test fit before I claim it is done. Half way through a red and black tea cosy...and yet Dear Son Number Two's Christmas sweater is no further along than the last time I spoke of it. :(

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, I like the look of your Autumn take 2. Speaking of poppies, yesterday in our parliament every single member had a poppy in their buttonhole.