pinterest

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It is just FUBAR

The biggest problem with knitting a pattern that is written by someone whose native tongue is not English is that Babel Fish is only so good.

I totally misinterpreted the last clue for SoBN and have knit something on the order of 16,000 more stitches than I need to. :( Usually I either "make things work" or frog the project and start over when I screw up badly....but this is pretty badly and will mean weeks of knitting again if I frog it. But, I have never successfully picked up from a lifeline - not that there is one in there, but I could maybe put one in.....guess I wait and see what the final clue looks like and go from there.

I suspect the project is going to linger in a ziploc bag for a while though.

On happier news, nearly finished Christine's Rose Garden. 6 more pattern rows, couple of garter stitch and we are on to seeing if I can kill acrylic.

~M
and no I didn't

No comments: