pinterest

Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday Notes


Usually Friday is For Finished Objects around the knitting blog community.

With the exception of the bookmarks I think that you have now seen all of mine, including My First Doily. :) It is a present for my Mom for Mother's Day, and a tutorial in knitting flat in the round.

Mystery Lace blew up and is gone as far as I can tell......so to use the yarn I joined three more knit alongs. (Yeah, math challenged, one shawls worth of yarn and three knit alongs....)

Dear Son#1's Christmas sweater was growing at an alarming rate...either the yarn was relaxing as I knit it or I was and he does not have a 40 inch chest so it was frogged and recast on last night. Smaller needles, less stitches and I think(hope) I got the math right this time.

I have been trying to hit gauge for a knit along that starts on Sunday. Suggested needles for the designers yarn are 3.5mm, in my thinner yarn I need a 1.25mm needle to get the row gauge. For someone who when she started needed a crow bar to get to her stitches I sure have loosened up with age.

~M

No comments: