pinterest

Saturday, September 28, 2019

The Yarn Wants What The Yarn Wants

A few weeks ago I picked up some yarn, with a plan in mind for it. 

Rainbow self striping yarn that would start as a mitered square...

To be paired with some solid tonals to create a scarf..

While I was knitting that first square...the center stitch kept whispering to me.  It whispered of adventures it longed to take, walks along winding paths leading...somewhere.

And the yarn...it flat out refused to be paired with a tonal.

So for once...I am letting the yarn take control...that center stitch is winding its way, from edge to edge and while I was at Wool Gathering I bought a different rainbow yarn to become a large scarf.

I suppose there is a life lesson in there somewhere...no matter how much you might want something to be one way, there is always the possibility that something else will pull and push you in  different directions.


"You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
You get what you need."
 
~M

No comments: