pinterest

Friday, September 6, 2019

A WIP Friday

While it has been a short work week in my neck of the woods, time is still getting away from me!

It hit me that it is September already and nearly time to do my own quarterly check in on how I am progressing on the goals I set for myself way back in January, and revisited and tweaked in both April and June!

Each year there is one "big" goal on my list.  Like that scrappy, mitered sock yarn blanket that you pick up every now and then, or every Sunday, and put a few more yards into; that goal lurks in the corner, nudging me every now and then to do a little towards it, then it gets shoved back in the corner until the next time I start feeling a bit guilty about it!

I should feel a lot more guilty about it because this goal has been on my list every year for a couple of years now.

So this week I pulled out my camera...

Wait!  You thought my goal was about knitting?

No.

About improving my photography!

I have taken a couple of webinar style classes and read lots of blogs and tips/tricks, even subscribed to some "improve your photography in 7 steps" type email lists.  I got a few tips and tricks from each one but none of them really covered what I wanted/needed...how to take good photos of my knitting!

Luckily for me, and soon for you if you want to take really nice finished object photos to share with your family/friends or on Ravelry...someone came to my rescue!

In January, AbbyeKnits on Ravelry invited me to give input into a course she was developing about taking exactly the kind of pictures I wanted to be better at taking!  With tips and tricks for capturing the texture of cables, the airiness of lace and the true color of my pieces.

Recently Abbye contacted me to say that the course she was developing is ready to be published and offered to let me get a preview before its release on September 10th, 2019.  I jumped at the chance, wouldn't you?

The fully developed course is much more than I expected and includes a members only area that has 6 behind the scenes videos showing how to capture those images and 5 demonstrating how to edit your photos in PhotoShop, Lightroom and Instagram in addition to the superbly written pdf!

Want a preview?




While I am still working on my photography, and I am sure that continuing to improve will be on my goal list again next year...this course has given me lots of techniques to apply to my next photoshoot. (And now I know where the light should be coming from to make those cables pop, the texture stand out and the picture show off what I want it to show off...the knitwear!)

You can sign up now for Abbye's newsletter and  be among the first to know when the course is available for purchase!

Now I am off to take some pictures!

What are your weekend plans?

~M

No comments: