pinterest

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Yarn Tasting

The other day I got a wonderful surprise, a bag full of yarns I hadn't had the opportunity to try before,  just to play with.

Monday I pulled one out of the bag and did just that, cast on a few stitches, knit a few rows, ripped them out, just to get a feel for what the yarn might like to grow up to be.  Of course in the back-ground, Minnie Mouse the Muse was whispering " a scarf, no a hat, how's about a camel?"

What?  A camel?

"Yes, you know, one of those shawls with the hump that you hate so much that you can never get to block out!"

Oh, a crescent shawl?

Minnie is right, I do sometimes refer to those shapes as camel's and have played a lot with various starts and increases to get rid of that hump...but what if I could make that hump a feature rather than a *nasty side effect*?.

I'll let you know later if it works out the way I hope!

In the meantime, take  a look at the yarn!!



Part of a rainbow going on here...just the GBIV part, no red, yellow or orange, and I really love the depth of tone.  It's a new yarn, just now arriving at your LYS...Cascade Melilla Fingering,..so new I can't even link to it yet.
Tune in Friday for a special finished object post...maybe I will have finished this camel before then and can let you know how it worked out!

In the meantime...what's on your needles today?

~M

No comments: