pinterest

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Noisy!

What a glorious weekend we have had in Ohio!  Not too hot, not too cold, not raining, not horribly humid...all around a practically perfect weekend to spend outside.

So I did!




Weeding got done, well at least attempted I am not sure that is ever "done"..some more flowers got planted and...

....




this happened.

Yeah, it doesn't look like much now, but as the person who was helping me put down those layers of paper and cardboard and start chipping away at old tree branches said..."I'll trust you...you take a single piece of string a couple of sticks and end up with gorgeous shawls!"

This is actually only phase one of what will be at least a year long project...eventually it will be a herb garden...laid out in a knot design with a bird bath as the center.  The cardboard, paper and "mulch" are the first layer to what will eventually be a raised bed. 

Hopefully by the time it is finished I will have crafted a new roof to my "knitter's loft", so I will be able to look down on it!


Of course some knitting happened too!

My all time favorite passtime...knitting on my patio in the evening, watching the hummingbirds at the bird feeder...with a nice glass of dry red!

Have a great week!

~M

No comments: