pinterest

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

If it's Wednesday it must be...

I might have over committed my fingers just a touch.

You know those whirlwind European tours you can book... 7 countries, five days, four nights?

That is what my knitting schedule feels like!

Along with the things I was already working on, I decided to go ahead and participate, at least a little, with Aroha Knits Initiate Design Challenge.

Days 1 and 2 involved finding your inspiration * and deciding on what you were going to make, then some potential shapes/stitch patterns/techniques.

My Day 1 mostly revolved around the yarn.





This is a weighted striped gradient!  Which means, in case you didn't know, the colors move from light to dark, striping the lilac and the gray but each color section gets longer so when you knit it as a top down shawl the stripes end up the same width!  I got mine at Wool Gathering, but you can get it here!

Techniques, stitches and shapes...that part was easy, I knew I wanted to do a top down triangle and as I haven't done a "fickle knitter special" in a while....cables and lace will be involved!
Now to wait for Day 3 (Friday) to find out what's next!

In other knitting, this sample jumped on my needles...more about that at a later date!
And The Revenge of the Nupps Shawl is not growing at all...because there might be a couple of other things that jumped on, off and on my needles.

So if it is Wednesday I must be knitting one of those things!

What's on your needles this week?

~M

No comments: