pinterest

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Not much to see here

There isn't much to see here this week at Chez Yarn Diet.

There should be more, after all there was a bank holiday at the beginning of the week and in an unusual turn of events I didn't spend half of my holiday from work at the Emergency Room!  I am certainly glad that is one "tradition" that we seem to have put an end to!

What did I do with my free time instead of sitting in the ER or knitting....I cleaned out dressers.  For the past few years I have been doing my best to get rid of "stuff" in my life.  Stuff that needs dusting, or Stuff that doesn't make me smile, Stuff that just seems to take up room, yet it seems no matter how much "stuff" I get rid of, more creeps in to take over the space, so every now and then I just get ruthless and donate bags and boxes of "stuff" to whoever will take them.

Not that no knitting got done, there was some, TDQ's Cloak is several inches longer, but still looks the same, a large, purple, blob that gets dragged around with me!

TFB's socks got started and finished.  Pretty soon he will take over from The Monster Man in having the biggest feet that I knit for!

Big enough that two balls of Patons Kroy are not quite enough to make him a pair of socks, so I added in some black for the heels and toes. (Don't mention it too loudly but the only black fingering weight yarn I could find has a sparkle thread running through it....no-one but us needs to know, he will be able to cover it up with his shoes!)

You can't really tell from the picture but I strayed from the simple knit around until you are ready to strangle someone and added some texture to these ones.  Just a simple slipped stitch here and there and some purl rows, but it was enough to break the monotony.

Next up are more socks, because I was reminded that it is tradition that Christmas Stockings hold socks, along with a few other small gifts, and it wouldn't be right not to have them.

That is one tradition that I plan on keeping for a while yet!

~M



No comments: