pinterest

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thick and Thin


Another week has passed, and another week has just been a blur of things that needed to be done, places I needed to go, people I needed to see, meals that needed to be cooked and a house that needed to be cleaned.  I am so ready for a vacation, know anyone who wants to fill my role for a few days?

I had these plans of getting some of my WIPs if not off the needles, at least to the next step in their development.......One got there!



The Winter Extravaganza saw it's center finished, blocked, measured and approved by TDQ and then stitches marked for sleeves and all but one edge on waste yarn ready for the next step.  Which coincidentally was published on the Yahoo Group today.

The blankets, the some kind of wrap and Tardis...well they sit patiently waiting for me to pick them back up.  All of them I need to be able to look at what I am doing, at least every now and then, so they didn't work out so well for me Monday.  Not being able to sit still for long without something to do does have one advantage....

I am starting to put things up for Christmas already.  TDQ really liked the idea of thick, squishy socks having seen the ones I made for a birthday present in Feb and thick, squishy socks knit up rather quickly.  Not to mention garter rib being something I can knit in the dark!

Pattern, you ask?  Well, there isn't one really, but if you have ever knit The Yarn Harlot's vanilla sock recipe you could figure it out, just replace the plain knit rows for the leg and foot with two by two garter rib (knit one round, knit 2 purl 2 one round) and you are set.

This was the last of the Christmas yarn I got not this last year, but the year before and I planned it just about right as there are only a couple of yards left.  I got a lot of projects out of that particular gift, two pairs of fingerless mitts, two pairs of socks and two little neck scarves.  Warm necks, hands and feet for us Yarn Diet Ladies (and I use the term very loosely!)

Hopefully next week I will have more to show you!*

Until then, keep knitting!

~M

No comments: