pinterest

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sangria

For those who are in the group, but haven't looked today, the first chart is posted for Sangria!  I finally wound the gorgeous skein of yarn that I got from Lara's Creations and dove straight in, no swatching, no hesitation, do not pass go and collect two hundred dollars!

You can't really tell from the picture but the yarn has an added sparkle and is oh so soft and cushy (highly technical term that!) to knit with.  In the upper corner you can see how dark the yarn will be by the time I reach the end and I can't wait to see the colors progress as I go.

The colors in this yarn are so appropriate for me to be knitting with right now. This weekend I lost a friend to Ovarian Cancer and this yarn reminds me of the embroidery on her wedding dress.  Rather than remember how she looked and sounded while on chemo, these are the images  that I want to see when I think of her!

Strong, passionate, determined, fiercely loyal and one of the most caring souls I have known. 

~M

2 comments:

Cindy/KS said...

Sangria looks great! I just cast on mine & am about 1/2 finished with the start up chart. Granddaughter just went home as well.

Sorry to hear about your friend! We have not been touched by ovarian cancer, but my others in both sides of my family. So I do understand!

Amanda said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Hang on to all those good memories.

Your Sangria looks great. I have also cast on for mine - its addictive!