pinterest

Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Mittens





There are sayings about good intentions and how sometimes they lead you places that you really shouldn't go...good intentions led to mittens not quite finished but a pair of socks well on their way.

My Mystery Socks are knit with Land O Lace Steffi, in Bruno...you HAVE to feel this yarn! Soft and squishy yet firm enough for a lace pattern. I split my hank by winding what I thought was half on my ball winder and then weighing what was left on the swift. My scales say that each ball I wound is half the total, but I will find out for sure when I get to the toes. :)

In an effort to ensure that I continue spinning some friends have been sending me samples. Here is a little of one of those samples on a Golding spindle. Camel, Merino and Silk that spin like gold on a hummingbird of a spindle. I that that this hobby is a keeper!

Today I promise to finish the mitten and knit some more on my Summer Squares blanket projects..really I mean it this time....I swear!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That yarn does look rather luscious. If you get back to your blanket I might manage to get back to mine and my stole!