pinterest

Sunday, August 16, 2020

When Sunday is WiP Wednesday and FO Friday!

Is time moving in strange, wibbly, wobbly, timey, whyme, type ways for you as it is for me?  I, usually, know what day of the week it is, but these days knowing where in the month; or even year; we are, is somehow beyond me!  (How is it the middle of August already?)

But, even knowing what day of the week it is, things seem to be taking a lot more effort just to complete than they ever have before.

The Around the World Stitchalong had its kickoff yesterday. Ten other designers and I are hosting it on Ravelry here and on IG here.

A row of yarns in rainbow colors and pale grey
 

My first project for the "along" is going to be a pair of socks by Rachel Ferguson...Rainbow Wanderer, (that's a Ravelry link as Rachel doesn't currently have another place to get her patterns) which I am going to trade for a project bag hand made by another participant! (I decided if the project was for someone else I stood a better chance of actually finishing something rather than flitting from task to task and project to project the way I have been lately.)


While this time around I wasn't officially on a team for GISH...a friend asked if I could proxy for one of the tasks in the summer camp scavenger hunt.  The item was "right up my alley" as it was to create a lace collar for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Included in the task was the suggestion to either include a picture of her face or a message to/about her.


A white lace collar with the word Dissent formed with eyelets



When I shared the photo with some friends and on IG enough people requested that it be turned into a pattern that I am going to write it up!

But for now...back to knitting some socks!


Happy Knitting!


~M

No comments: