pinterest

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Marching Right Along

Some days, like many other people I am sure, I feel like the days are not long enough, the hours pass to quickly and minutes fly by and disappear in the blink of an eye.

That has been my 2019 so far, and here we are nearing the end of the first quarter of the year!

To try and get myself back on track...I finally released my first pattern of the year...there will be lots more and I am  lining up tests  to run in staggered starts over the next few months...some big projects and a couple of really quick ones.

But first...Introducing :

The Elephant's Child.


Then the Elephant's Child put his head down close to the Crocodile's musky, tusky mouth, and the Crocodile caught him by his little nose, which up to that very week, day, hour, and minute, had been no bigger than a boot, though much more useful.” Rudyard Kipling, The Elephant’s Child.  With help from the Bi-Coloured Python Rock Snake, the elephant’s child was able to get away from that crocodile, but not until his poor nose had been stretched this way and that way until it had become a trunk.

Like the elephant's nose, this infinity loop scarf pulls a self-striping sock yarn this way and that way to create color blocks and mitered stripes.  Knit flat in garter stitch, it is finished with a fancy loop edge and seamed to make a fully reversible piece




As you can tell by the pictures, I finished mine quite some time ago!  My testers only recently got it though and they did some wonderful variations, using different striped yarns than the Knit Picks Felici I used and even taking those fancy loops along the short edges as well.

The pattern includes a schematic, a chart, fully written out line by line instructions and a bonus file with different clasp options so you can accessorize your accessory!

You can get your copy of the pattern in my Ravelry Store.

I need to get back to work finalizing some other things, including this years April Fool's Special...if you are interested in test knitting it, take a peak here....

Until next time...Happy Knitting!

~M

No comments: