pinterest

Monday, April 9, 2018

What I'm Working On






As you can tell from the pictures, there has been a lot of knitting going on around here.  Charting and writing too!

The pink gradient yarn grew up to be something special...more on that coming your way over the next couple of weeks.

I have also spent quite a bit of time the past couple of weeks looking at different ways of doing things. 

One of the best parts of knitting, for me at least, is that if one way of doing things doesn't work out for you really well, a quick internet search and you can usually find at least a couple of different ways of achieving the same end results.

A while back I did an entire series of tutorials for Knotions about short rows....and at the time I thought I had done them all, but I forgot one...and if you are a sock knitter you use it already when you are turning a heel.  A no wrap, no hole, short row that has just one limitation to it's ease of working and finished appearance...it changes the stitch count. Hopefully soon (in designer lingo as I am still working on the pattern soon could be several months) you will get to see why that was actually a helpful thing for the grey and pink muddle of knitting above!

That same muddle of knitting had me looking for different ways of working an I-cord Cast On....I found three, which I suspect I will be making tutorials for because they all seem to work really well (or really badly) for different people.  The one I decided, for me, looked the best is fiddly to work, so I think it will be best to give knitters an option in the pattern for which look and feel the best for them to use..

But more on all of that...another day.

I have some knitting to get done!

What are you working on?

~M

No comments: