pinterest

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fractals

Today was a special day for my Fractal Blanket, she finally got a good long soak in some wool wash in the sink....it was a long enough soak that we shoveled the driveway and the sidewalk before she was done with her spa treatment!

But, before we get into that, I have a confession.

I was trying very hard to be good and not give in to temptation.  We all know that temptation sometimes leads us down precarious paths, but Andrea posted the new infinity wrap on the group site last week and every time I turned around a little voice was telling me that really I needed to cast it on!

I thought I could push that tempting voice away, but it had other ideas.

I tried to sway the other ideas with some Paton's Lace, as I wouldn't be adding beads to that yarn (the mohair and my crochet hook to bead don't get along really well and I end up yanking the hook so hard to pull the yarn through that I break the yarn!) it would make a good travel project.
 
 But that little voice kept on at me.....reminding me of the fabulous yarn that Lara had dyed that moves through a yellowy green to a brilliant teal blue.

As the pictures show, I gave into temptation.

But still managed to pin out my blanket (too tightly as it is drying it is bending the floor mats I use as a blocking board so I am about to go and move the pins!) before I needed to put dinner in the oven!




 So what's on your needles, or whispering in your ears?

~M








No comments: