pinterest

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The End of the Countdown

Just a sprinkling of snow here this Christmas Eve, not enough to count for a White Christmas, which is good because those secret presents I was knitting were part of a wish for a Green Christmas.

As I have mentioned before, when you are putting together gifts for a bunch of people it can get very pricey in a hurry, and like many others this year for us is the year of Less is More...or as I told my kids, this year I am giving them my love, anyone who doesn't like that gift will not get any next year! (And, yes, there are physical presents to be given as well, but buying for teenagers who do not know what they want is difficult at best.)

But I digress, this post is about that secret present that I was working on.  The gift that TDQ assured me is the lamest thing she ever heard of!

Merry "Green" Christmas Bags.
Contents : 
One Empty Spray Bottle
One small box of Baking Soda
One small bottle of white vinegar
0.5 fl oz of Essential Oil  (If you are interested I got mine here, Lemon Grass for most as it is also an antiseptic and repels sugar ants!)
1 Hand Knit Dish Rag
 


Home cleaner directions:
For an all natural all purpose cleaner, mix together in a clean, empty spray bottle:
  • 3/4 water
  • 1/4 white vinegar
  • 1TB baking soda
  • 6 drops of essential oil

I had a lot to put together, here is roughly half the knitted dish rags.
 
No real pattern, just seed stitch with a garter stitch border.


Now there is nothing left to say except....

From my house to yours........May you have the Merriest of Christmases! 

~M












No comments: