pinterest

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Still here

Nothing on the knitting front to show you - there has been tons of knitting, just nothing I can share.:)

Blocking silk : Yep, silk blocks marvelously. As the silk I was using was from Colourmart it did require a good washing in hot soapy water to get the machine oils out of my shawl. I didn't rub, just pushed soap bubbles through, over and over and over again until the oil slicks stopped appearing on the surface of my water. I find that silk is a little more delicate than a wool yarn - I have never "popped" my knitting when blocking merino, but I have ripped silk when I over blocked it.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket check out some of the sales happening over at WEBS They have just the yarn for Owls so they got some of my pocket change. :)

Still working away on VOI as baby blanket, luckily I have had other things on the needles too as I am finding it a bit repetitive (come to think of it the other things were a little that way too!) It is a fabulous design, I think that it is a "keeper" and may well become my stock baby blanket for expectant moms.

~M

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the info on blocking silk. I've knitted a sweater in pure silk but not yet a shawl. Definitely something I'd like to do.